Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mentor Intro: Monique

Hey! I am Monique and I will be mentoring along side Matt, Vicki and Rhonda. We have a great season planned for you, but I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. I have been involved with TNT for about 4 years now. In 2006 I signed up for an event because I missed running. I was a runner in HS, but had been away from the sport for 7 years. Once I got in the groove I was hooked again. This season I am trianing for my 5th event and I am really excited. Two friends will be training in their hometowns (Chicago, IL and Richmond, VA) will be meeting me in San Francisco.

As mentors we are here to help you fundraising, so here is my first piece of advice. Find 100 addresses and mail off your letters. Send out update emails after you have reached 100 practice miles and every month afterwards. This is how I raised my $3600 for my first event.

Thank you for allowing me to take this journey with you. You will have a great time, even on the rough days. Both the heroes and runners that you meet will make a lasting impression on you life.

COMPLETED EVENTS

Team N. Texas: 2006 Nike Women's Half-Marathon

Team Tulsa: 2008 Nike Women's Half-Marathon

Team Tulsa: 2008 San Antonio Rock n' Roll Full- Marathon

Team Virginia: 2009 Yengling Shamrock Half Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment